Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Bathroom Tile Design Ideas For Your Small Bathroom Remodeling Project

Simple bathroom tile design ideas

One of the most difficult decisions that face you when you are remodeling your bathroom is the design of the ceramic tiles. Not only do you need to decide on the color and patterns on the tiles but you also have to consider how much of your bathroom you're going to cover with ceramic. There are so many different variations of all this that it can get pretty overwhelming. I was recently faced with this problem with my own small bathroom remodel and I'm going to tell you exactly how I solved it.

Bathroom ceramic tile coverage

Ceramic tiles vary considerably in price and it's easy to limit the coverage in your bathroom if you think that it's going to be too expensive. I shopped around for tiles a lot and found a very reasonably priced line of ceramic tiles that were very similar to a lot of very expensive ceramic tiles that I'd seen. It definitely pays to spend time looking for the right tiles at the right price.
Because the ceramic tiles that I'd found were a good price I was able to afford to tile all the walls of my small bathroom from floor to ceiling which is what I'd set my heart on. I saved a little by not tiling the wall behind the bathtub that wasn't going to be seen. I'd looked at a lot of bathrooms by then and I knew that bathrooms that are tiled 100% look much nicer than those that aren't.

Ceramic tile design for small bathrooms

I have a small bathroom and not only is there a lack of space but little bathrooms can also feel small and cramped if you get the design wrong. The trick is to give your bathroom a light airy feeling. Plenty of light helps and so does a mirror or two on the walls. Choosing a light colored ceramic tile was the key to opening up my small bathroom because it reflects the available light and gives the impression that the room is larger than it really is.
Tip! Learn more bathroom decor ideas plus bathroom layout, lighting, storage, bathroom vanities, small bathrooms, childrens bathrooms and more online bathroom design. David Buster is VP of InfoSearch Publishing and webmaster of http://www.

Mosaic bathroom tile design

My first ceramic bathroom tile design idea was to use a bright white smooth tile throughout. This would have lightened up the room but I had the feeling that this would be overdoing it a bit so I looked at ways that I could break it up a little while keeping the same light and airy feel to the bathroom.

I eventually found a mosaic tile design that came in several pastel colors. The tiles were normal size so they were just as easy to fix to the wall but the surface of the tiles look like small rectangles raised a little from the surface to give a mosaic look.
Tip! Sketch out your proposed bathroom design. It is important to plan carefully for what you will do with the space.

I chose 2 colors, white and a light sky blue pattern and used about one third blue and two thirds white. The blue tiles were set at the lower part of the walls and look a little like the sea. This was a very simple but effective design.

Bathroom shower tile design

You don't have to stick with the same arrangement of ceramic tiles in the shower but it's good to use the same colors and stick to the same theme. I used the blue tiles to form a triangle with the peak in the corner of my shower. This has the effect of drawing you into the shower and making it look more inviting.

I hope that you enjoyed this article and maybe I've given you a few ideas for your bathroom tile design and remodel.
Tip! The first popular trend in bathroom design is increasing the size of the bathroom. New homeowners are seeking models with a large bathroom layout and existing homeowners are knocking down walls to increase space.

You can see how my small bathroom remodeling project turned out on this web page Pictures of Bathrooms Before and After Remodeling

Free tips for small bathroom design Small Bathroom Design Tips at http://www.bathroomsremodeling.this-info.com.

No comments: